Looking for a gentle way to manage anxiety? Anxiety is a natural and healthy part of life but sometimes it can get bigger than we want and we need coping skills to manage it and people who can relate to it. In our Yoga for Anxiety Group, you will be guided through techniques to help soothe, relieve and relate to your anxiety that feels safe and approachable.
Led by Anastasia McAteer, who is both a trained yoga therapist and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist Associate under the supervision of Tracy Tanner, LPCS, LMFTS, this group fits those teens who have difficulty speaking up in groups and connecting with others because of their anxiety. Anastasia artfully blends techniques from modern neuroscience, yoga philosophy and yoga therapy, as well as the extensive training she had by yogi Genevieve Yellin, ERYT500, PYT1000. Anastasia keeps in mind that group therapy can be anxiety provoking for most seeking help in this area and is sensitive and as accommodating as possible. Participants can expect the 75 minute group to include gentle yoga movement, discussion time, breathing & meditation and some brief education on the neuroscience of anxiety. Group members will also receive take home handouts to deepen their practice between sessions.
The Fine Print
- 6 Session Group Series on Saturdays 9:00-10:15 AM from March 25 to April 29.
- No Intake session required for this limited session series. Just contact us!
- This series will be held at the beautiful Treehouse Yoga studio, upstairs from our SOUTH location in the Timberline Office complex at 2525 Wallingwood in Building One.
- Group series cost of $300/person includes all 6 sessions and take home exercises.
- Just bring yourself, water and comfortable clothes!
- Limited sliding scale spots and payment plans available.
- Contact Anastasia to RSVP for the info session or sign up for the series.