my passion & Purpose
- Teens, Parents & Families: How to navigate adolescence with connection & compassion
- Work-Life Alignment: Beyond balance, alignment is about finding more ease in your career & relationships, and finding your path & purpose
- Identity & Relationships: Helping teens, college students and adults learn more about who they are, where they belong and where they are going
- Self-compassion & Resilience: How mindfulness & empathy can help us transform painful experiences and emotions into healing & transformation
- Family Systems: How our families of origin shape us & influence our relationships
Blake Howard Norton, LMFT-S loves her work with teens & families and adults in transition, through individual, couple, family and group therapy. A native Austinite and honors graduate of St. Edwards University and Pitzer College, Blake is a systems therapist at heart, which means she views individuals in the context of relationships, culture, and family, and not in a vacuum or as a set of symptoms to be cured.
Blake offers a warm, empathic and open space for clients to gain insight, tools and support in growing, healing and transforming relationships. Her approach is integrative, systemic and collaborative, drawing on many years of training in family systems, interpersonal neurobiology, attachment and self-compassion. Some areas of expertise include parenting adolescents, family transitions such as divorce/separation, social & emotional challenges through the teen years, and helping adults navigate identity and relationships in college and beyond.
Blake is active in mental health advocacy and has served as President for the Austin Association for Marriage and Family Therapy, as a committee member with Girls Rock Austin, and as a board member-at-large at the YWCA Greater Austin. To schedule with Blake, please contact her here.