There's a nip in the air and we're ready for some winter fun! Thanks to Free Fun in Austin, we've got a list a mile long of cool, family-friendly and (best of all) free things to do with that holiday spirit! Here are a few of our favorites...
- Ballet Austin's Nov. 29 noon mini-performance of the Nutcracker with bonus q&a with the dancers!
- Four Seasons hosts a series of viewings for their amazing gingerbread village in the lobby, which will be up now through January 1. December 3, 4 & 5 from 5-6pm they'll also offer complimentary hot cider (and bubbly for the parents) along with photos with Santa and the chance to meet the bakers!
- Violet Crown Community Theater is hosting free productions of Miss Princess, a wonderful local show perfect for the young and young at heart. December 1 at 10am at the Triangle and December 2 at 10:30am at Cherrywood Coffeehouse.
- The Domain is hosting holiday-themed movie nights with some of our favorites! This Saturday catch National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, then December 8 Home Alone, December 15 Elf and December 22 Polar Express!
- One of our favorite local non-profits, GirlStart, is hosting their DeSTEMber Extravaganza at Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum this Saturday December 1 from 11am-3pm. Explore snowflake chemistry, igloo engineering, gingerbread architecture and more hands- on fun. The whole family will discover the mysteries behind this magical time of year!